- Senior Consultant of Global Learning and Innovation at ITD World: The Global Leadership Development Expert.
- Held key leadership positions at National Semiconductor, Hewlett Packard & Intel with over 30 years of experience.
- Served at Intel for 22 years and held various key leadership and strategic supply chain positions including Outsource Factory Manager for 3 major subcontractors (Quanta, Inventec, Foxconn)
- Recipient of the Best Performing Trainer award from Intel.
- The preferred facilitator for Career Development Workshop with over 1000 participants.
- Leadership and application of LEAN, Kaizen and Continuous Improvement processes used to achieve over 15% efficiency annually while transforming leaders.
- Certified Coaching and Mentoring Professional (CCMP) accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF), the world’s top professional coaching body.
- A mentor & coach for many employees in their career development within Multinational Corporations.
- International Speaker and Certified facilitator of Haggai Institute for leadership and stewardship in equipping market place leaders.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Leadership Excellence
- People and Situational Leadership
- Strategic Planning and Resource Management
- Coaching and Mentoring skills
- Career Development and Growth
- Organization Development
- Personal Mastery in Presentation Skills
- Supply Chain Innovation Management
- LEAN Culture
- Talent & People Engagement
- Financial Management and Freedom
- Pre-Marital Counselling
Alex Tan is the Senior Consultant of Global Learning and Innovation at ITD World, a Global Leadership Development Expert. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (First Class Hons.) and Bachelor in Computer Science from University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia. He has worked for multinationals namely National Semiconductor, Hewlett Packard and Intel. Starting his career as an engineer successfully in NS and HP, he then shifted his career paradigm to assume purchasing manager role in HP, which is aligned to his career dream of becoming a Factory Manager.
In 1994, Alex joined Intel as Materials Manager to lead the supply chain business process start up for two local subcontractors. During his 22 years at Intel, Alex has delivered various key strategic programs such as the start-up template for new subcontractors, consignment/pass through pricing processes, cycle count reconciliation processes, Buy-Sell Inventory Replenishment Model, strategic supply chain role transfer from Oregon to Kulim, Malaysia and leadership development for his management team. As part of his passion, Alex has spent at least 15% of his time in providing training at Intel University in areas such as Coaching and Career Development.
In his own personal time, Alex has travelled to many countries internationally to train marketplace leaders in the areas of stewardship and leadership. He is a Certified Coaching and Mentoring Professional (CCMP) with ITD World, which is recognized by International Coach Federation (ICF) the world’s #1 coaching professional body.
As an international speaker, trainer, coach and mentor, his style of facilitation and delivery is very engaging, practical and uses the power of simplicity apart from inspiring people form the heart to transform themselves, their team and the organization.
“Swee-Hock is an exceptional leader and manager who led a planning organization that owned both an external and internal manufacturing network of 37 sites to support BU’s business growth and new product launches. His team managed a revenue portfolio of $4B with 84Mu shipments for 4000 sku’s. I also relied on Swee-Hock to drive overall operational efficiencies through his LEAN leadership and expertise. He has proven to be a great coach and is very strong at seeing the big picture and driving to a vision.” - Mike Knapp, Director of CPLG, Intel Corporation
“What stands out for me with Swee Hock is his unwavering theme to be in the service of others, allowing them to become better and realize their dreams and passions. While he is serving others, Swee Hock’s personal needs and aspirations are being fulfilled.” - Joan Tafoya, Senior Principal Engineer, Intel Corporation
“Swee Hock is an outstanding people leader, who inspires from the heart. He has a huge capacity to transform his organization capabilities while effectively growing developing and caring for his people. He is able to make tough decisions and create change in the organization while getting his people behind his vision and goals. He also has outstanding collaboration, teamwork, and business partnering skills as he works affectively across multiple organizations and stakeholders to achieve a common goal and direction for the overall good of the organization. He is very committed to all the business partners marching to one common purpose and goal. He is a committed and loyal team player as well.” - Eric Jaeckle, Head of Global Outsource Manufacturing Procurement, Intel Corporation
“Swee Hock is a good listener and observer. When he was heading the BSP team, he would patiently coach the employees to unearth their strengths and potentials. Swee Hock enjoyed sharing his experiences and knowledge in courses and training camps. In work, Swee Hock has conducted many courses and benefited many employees. In his personal times, he is also engaged in similar activities as he has a strong passion to teach, share and develop people. I had the opportunity to participate in his courses and it was a wonderful session. Apart from the knowledge gained, I am able to witness his excellent communication skill and his ability to connect with the audience.” - David Ng WK, Senior Manager, Intel Corporation