- Senior Director of Global Learning, Performance and Innovation at ITD World:The Global Learning Solutions Expert.
- Held key leadership positions at Western Digital, Motorola and Intel with over 24 years of experience.
- Served at Intel for 13 years and held various regional and strategic HR leadership positions including HR Director at Intel Architecture Group (IAG).
- Recipient of the top trainer award from Intel.
- The preferred facilitator who has delivered over 150 training sessions at Intel.
- Certified master trainer for DISC and Situational Leadership.
- Certified international coach and trainer for ITD World's Leadership Development Programs and ITD Mega Guru Signature Programs in collaboration with John Maxwell, Jack Canfield, Thomas Crane, William Rothwell and Brian Tracy.
- Certified Coaching and Mentoring Professional (CCMP) with Advanced Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring (ACCM) and Certificate in Performance Coaching (CPC) which is recognized and accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF), the world's most recognized professional coaching body.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Leadership Excellence
- Situational Leadership
- The Laws of Teamwork
- Emotional Excellence
- Language of DISC
- Winning with People
- Influencing Skills
- Effective Communication
- Facilitation Skills
- Coaching and Mentoring Skills
- Personal Excellence and The Success Principles
- Motivating Yourself and Others
- HR Management
- Organisation Development
- Talent Management
- Training and HR Development
George Foo is the Senior Director of Global Learning, Performance and Innovation at ITD World, a Global Learning Solutions Expert. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering(Hons.) from Adelaide University in South Australia. He has worked for multinationals namely Motorola, Western Digital (WD) and Intel. Starting his career as an engineer, he then moved to setting up Total Quality Management (TQM) systems for WD. During his tenure there, he was responsible for setting up the factory for Disk Drive operations in addition to developing materials and training the production folks on the assembly process.
In realizing his potential, he was given the mantle of heading the training and development department. Since then he has held an array of different jobs including running the PCBA repair factory (Customer Service Center) before moving to Intel, and taking on the newly formed HR Business Partner (HRBP) division, leading a group of HR Generalists supporting one of the factories.
During his tenure at Intel, he rotated into various positions within HRBP including regional roles helping various organizations he supported, perform diagnosis &needs assessment to design strategic intervention helping increase the organization's capability. The impact and value he brought culminated with him taking on the role of HR Director partnering with Intel's design center, popularly known as the Intel Architecture Group (IAG).
George made significant leadership contributions to the IAG which employed 2000 staff inclusive of leaders, managers, research, development and design engineers responsible for contributing to Intel's future generation technologies including cutting-edge microprocessors, chipsets, mobile applications, cloud computing infrastructure solutions under the compute continuum initiative. He helped improve the overall organization health, managed strategic change and developed leaders to higher levels of excellence for the IAG.
Facilitation of strategic planning workshops, designing & conducting customized team building activities, partnering with the business to develop & deliver integrated people solutions, and coaching leaders through difficult transitions were part of his key roles. This culminated in a Talent Management solution promptly accorded the nomenclature: 5B's - namely Build, Borrow, Buy, Bind & Blossom.
A total of over 24 years working experience covering various leadership, regional and strategic HR management roles, engineering, quality management, operations and manufacturing, makes George a very hands-on senior director and course leader with real track record, real people and real stories to include in his programs.
George has trained and developed leaders and senior executives from many countries in the world. His coaching, facilitating and training experience resonate in the area of Leadership Excellence, Teamwork, Emotional Excellence, Language of DISC, Winning with People, Influencing Skills, Effective Communication, Facilitation Skills, Coaching and Mentoring Skills, Personal Excellence and The Success Principles, Motivating Yourself and Others, HR Management, Organizational Development, Talent Management, Training and HR Development.
He was the preferred certified instructor at Intel who has delivered over 200 Language of DISC and Situational Leadership courses. George is also a Certified Master trainer who has successfully developed many trainers for DISC and Situational Leadership. He is the recipient of the top trainer award at Intel, a Certified Coaching and Mentoring Professional (CCMP) with Advanced Certificate in Coaching & Mentoring (ACCM) and Certificate in Performance Coaching (CPC) which is recognized and accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF), the world's most recognized professional coaching body. George is an international coach and trainer for ITD World's Leadership Development Programs and ITD Mega Guru Signature Programs in collaboration with John Maxwell, Jack Canfield, Thomas Crane, William Rothwell and Brian Tracy. His motto in life is "To Make A Difference In People's Lives."